We think of fat and we think bad!
Here is the skinny on fats: there are types of fats that are body needs and they are actually good for us!
Mono-unsaturated fats and poly-unsaturated fats are among the categories of fats that our bodies need. These fats are so important for our heart health and have a positive impact on our cholesterol, LDL & HDL. Studies have even shown that omega 3 fatty acids (part of the poly-unsaturated fats) can improve the mental health of Alzheimer’s patients. Source: Health.Harvard.edu
Fish is a great source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and it is lean protein! American Heart Association recommends eating fish 2 times a week!
So go ahead and enjoy something fishy! Here is my personal favorite recipe:
Ginger Powder (optional)
Red Crushed Pepper
Olive oil, q
Cilantro, finely chopped
Arugula (or Spring Mix)
Broiled Tilapia with Quinoa on a bed of a Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes
1. Place Tilapia on a greased aluminum foil on a baking sheet
2. Drizzle olive oil
3. Sprinkle ginger powder, onion powder, thyme, basil, red crushed pepper and kosher salt
3. Place thinly sliced onions on the top (I used red onions)
4. Broil on high for 8 minutes. I always check the temperature of all meats. It should be at least 145 degrees
1. Cook Quinoa according to package directions. I cooked ¾ cup of quinoa
2. Once cooked, I drizzled 2 tsp olive oil, juice of 1 large lime and mixed in with 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
I served it on a bed of Arugula and cherry tomatoes! It can be enjoyed with any greens or even without any greens! Enjoy!